Monday, January 15, 2007

Beep...Boop...Beep...Boop

Oh my god.

That is about all that I can say about 24's latest season. The first four episodes...oh my god. Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Suffice it to say that 24 has not lost its touch. Its predisposition for almost unbelievable plot twists and tense, pounding dramatic action is still there. And so is Jack, in all his holy glory.

But oh my god.

I knew I should have started to suspect something when things were going a little too swimmingly. And then the last 5 minutes of the 4th episode happened. My mind was completely blown. I could not believe that what happened had just happened.

That is the best part of 24, of course. The show isn't afraid to set off bombs, depict gruesome torture, or kill off main characters. It's not afraid to make huge world-changing gestures for story. And that's what makes it so compelling, and riveting, and sit-on-the-edge-of-your-seat-pee-all-over-yourself good.

Not that I did that of course.

...heh.

No comments: