Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Book of Narnia

So apparently nobody liked who the Carver turned out to be. I still think it was done well though, although now that I've had some time to mill over the details there are some things that don't make sense to me. Still...

I missed seeing Chronicles of Narnia with my friends last night because I left my phone on silent. You idiot, roy. I wanted to see that movie too! Now i'll have to watch it all by my lonesome. Like those weird creepy people that go to movies alone. Yup, that'll be me.

I re-read the entire Chronicles of Narnia over summer and I think I mentioned this before already, but the entire thing is filled with religious references. Which for some reason makes it less authentic in my eyes. I remember when I was a kid I could just read the books and enjoy them for the stories they told. Now I have to freaking see symbolism. Damn symbols. I'll symbol you!

Something about the series being a big symbol for Christianity somehow takes away from the magic and the awe that I used to feel when I was kid reading these books (although admittedly, part of that may also be because I'm no longer10). I dunno. I hear Lord of the Rings is supposed to have a lot of christian symbols and references too, but it's a lot less apparent to me. At least...the movies didn't make it that apparent. Maybe Narnia the movie will be the same.

Ah well. I'm hungry. Gimme ramen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NARNIA SUX!

Anonymous said...

well it doesn't suck...but it was a bit childish

seeshu said...

I really enjoyed the talking animals in Narnia. They totally made the movie.