Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Moving in and Final Fantasy VII: Last Order

So I'm sort of moved in to my dorm at ucla now...sort of, because i'm not technically supposed to be here. eh, oh well. Most of the rest of my stuff is with somebody who I do not know. I'm supposed to call him, but I haven't yet. Oh well.

Hedrick 7 South is...the same. I already miss Sproul so much...the walk is seriously twice as excruciating, especially since it's up two more hills. They better have udon here or i will be pissed.

I got to see most of the Sproul 4 North gang yesterday, although I only saw may for 2 seconds cuz she was moving in and I was lugging my monitor up the hill. Still, it was good to see you guys. Come up tonight for Lost! The second season premieres at 8PM on ABC. Be here...or be...uh...fear.

Anyway, my anime wanderings has led me to this:

Apparently it's some sort of single episode of Final Fantasy VII describing what happened during those mysterious 5 years that are so vague in the game. I'm not sure if it's gonna become a series, but I doubt it.

Like Advent Children, you'll really need an understanding of what happened in the game to be able to understand what's going on here. A lot of the scenes are actually taken from the game, so veterans will be able to recognize things like this:

Burn, baby, burn!

The episode is passable, but nothing really special. There are a few action scenes, none of which are really that great, either compared to other anime or to Advent Children. The story is interesting, simply because it's ff7, although nothing new is revealed...The sound is alright...there were only a few music themes that I recognized...although I suppose they couldn't cram it all in a 20 minute episode.

Cloud pulls a Naruto. He forgot the 'Dattebayo!' at the end though.

Mildly entertaining, but not as good as Advent Children. It has the potential to get better though...if they make more episodes that is.

You want a number? Fine.

Final Fantasy VII: Last Order - 3/5

No comments: